Getting an appraisal from Marlowe Appraisal & RE Inc. before putting your Painesville home on the market saves you time and money.
If you're planning on putting your house on the market soon, an appraisal is a must. An appraisal doesn't cost that much and it pays in the long run! Unless a homeowner makes a career out of studying real estate values, like a professional appraiser does, it's difficult for them to understand their local real estate market.
It's tempting to want to base your home's value on how much you have invested in your home, or how much you want for it. Instead, an appraisal provides a professional opinion on how much your home will bring on the open market.
Something is only going to sell for the price another person is willing to give you.
||Contact us for details regarding services specialized for home sellers.
Selling on your own?
Quite a few Ohio homeowners are choosing to sell their homes FSBO (For Sale By Owner) and foregoing the help of a real estate agent. But to do it right, quickly and to get the most you can, you need a professional appraisal. The best thing to have is an objective opinion, it can be very difficult to take an objective look at your own home because of your emotional attachment to it. We will tell you what you need to know, not just what you want to hear.
In addition to helping you set a sensible asking price to attract more potential buyers, a professional appraisal can:
People are surprised when they find out that their home's value is higher than they first thought.
So taking the first step and spending a little on an appraisal provided the data to support a sale for several thousand more than they thought they would get.
Alternatively, some people have an inflated impression of the value of their home, and an appraisal gave them the assistance they needed in order to set a more reasonable price for their home - allowing them to quickly sell it - rather than waiting on the market for months. Asking too much for a home causes buyers to back off, which means no offers and no closing, wasting valuable time, money, and efforts.
- Be a very helpful bargaining tool once you have a potential buyer
- Put buyers at ease with written proof of the condition of your home inside and out
- Make you aware of problems and eliminate last-minute repair hassles that might delay a closing
- Decrease the possibility of unknown problems that cause sales to deteriorate
Get a comprehensive appraisal before listing
You might have a highly talented agent, but it's definitely a good idea to have an unbiased second opinion of your home's value before finalizing a listing agreement.
And that's where Marlowe Appraisal & RE Inc. comes in. An appraisal can be indispensable in this scenario. It will give both you and your agent a comprehensive breakdown for the unique features of your property which will give you insight into the health of the local real estate market with a detailed analysis of recent comparable properties in the area.
We also offer general consulting
Don't need a full appraisal but would like some information about the status of your area's real estate? We
can help solve your real estate dilemmas with services especially tailored for clients with your real estate needs.
When you order an appraisal report through us, expect the following....
- We pride ourselves on making sure that when you send your initial inquiry, you get a immediate response: We will provide you with personalized information for your individual appraisal need. Just tell us your situation, and we will make suggestions.
- Fast turnaround time: Normally one week or less from the date the request is received, you'll have a PDF ready for you to download from our site or in your e-mail.
- Consulting and appraisal report presentations to suit YOUR needs:
We've worked on lots of assignments, and we've learned that in the art of real estate consulting and appraising, there isn't a typical or standard "generic" assignment. We provide a variety of types of reports and have a lot of experience at providing appraisals to clients without a lot of the industry jargon so that you don't have to be real estate attorney to understand it.
- Any follow up questions? You can expect a prompt response from Marlowe Appraisal & RE Inc.: When we create reports, we make sure they are written in plain English, easy to understand, and meet or exceed the Uniform Standards of Professional Practice that moderates the appraisal practice.
Should you have any confusion regarding your appraisal after you've read through the report, feel free to give us a call or email us!